Dental Hygienist/Therapist - click to expand
To apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org – send us a copy of your resume and cover letter of why you’d like to work for us. Thank you for your interest.
This highly motivated and positive individual assists in the prevention and treatment of oral disease, focusing on periodontal health by monitoring oral hygiene practices and assisting the patient to develop a home care plan to maintain their oral health.
The requirements listed below are representative, but not all inclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Set up and prepare surgery before the start of each session when working without a nurse
- Provide dental health education about tooth care and diet
- Remove plaque and calculus by scaling and polishing teeth
- Take impressions and/or dental radiographs of teeth as required
- Apply prophylactic/antibacterial materials, fissure sealants and topical fluorides to help prevent tooth decay
- Carry out screening and monitoring procedures
- Treat and help prevent gingivitis and periodontitis
- Ensure that sterile conditions are maintained
- Clean and sterilize all equipment and working surfaces to the required standards at the end of each session
- Use a range of different dental instruments
- Maintain patient dental records; update all medical records as necessary
- Take all reasonable methods to ensure patient comfort
- Report equipment failures or breakages to the principle or practice manager, so that action may be taken to remedy any defects
- Follow Health & Safety guidelines in all aspects including when taking x-rays, handling mercury, disposing of sharp and clinical waste, resuscitation, emergency procedures and fire drill
- Offer advice and encouragement to patients
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Obey all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality and Data Protection
- High school diploma or GED
- A two-year Diploma in Dental Hygiene or three-year Oral Health Science Degree
- Experience using computers and MS Office Experience working in surgery
- Any extra courses taken relevant to dentistry
- Registered Hygienist and/or Therapist
Villa Dental offers employment opportunities that promote professional, personal, and financial growth. We work extremely hard to provide our employees with continuous professional development and a supportive work environment. Competitive wages, great benefits, and opportunities for advancement are just a few reasons why a career with us is an investment in your future.
If you are enthusiastic, compassionate, a people person, caring and will work flexible hours, please apply for this position by emailing us at email@example.com
- send us a copy of your resume and cover letter of why you’d like to work for us. Thank you for your interest.